Continuing from part 1 - installing, the monitor service now needs to be configured to connect to EqualLogic groups.
The monitoring service will monitor and provide reporting for the configured groups.
1. First login to the EqualLogic group and go to the SNMP configuration.
2. Add a Read-Only SNMP community name for SAN HQ (e.g. "SANHQ-RO"). This is used to gather the statistics.
3. Save the changes.
4. When opening the SAN HeadQuarters client, the Add Group Wizard will be displayed. Click Next.
5. Enter the group IP or DNS name.
Enter the group SNMP community name.
Choose to enable or disable single sign on.
6. Select the desired email notification settings. (use group settings is preferred).
7. Choose the required Log File and Event File size.
Default of 5mb is sufficient, it can be reduced for improved performance, or increased for more detail.
8. Review the group connection settings and Click Finish to add the group to SAN HeadQuarters.
9. Now all the detailed group information and events are available in realtime and historically.
Share this blog post on social media:Tweet
All advice, installation/configuration how to guides, troubleshooting and other information on this website are provided as-is with no warranty or guarantee. Whilst the information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge, I am not reponsible for any issues that may arise using this information, and you do so at your own risk. As always before performing anything; check, double check, test and always ensure you have a backup.