Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology, is available as an integral feature of Windows Server 2008 R2.
The key requirements for the Hyper-V platform are:
1. Open Server Manager and right Click Roles. Select Add Roles.
2. When the Roles wizard opens, click Next.
3. Tick the Hyper-V role, click Next.
4. Read the intro and notes, Click Next.
5. Choose the network adaptors you want to use for the virtual machines. Click Next.
6. Confirm the installation and Click Install.
7. The Hyper-V role will install and the wizard will confirm this, prompting for a restart of the server after installing. Click Close. The server will restart.
8. Once the server has restarted, the roles wizard will appear and confirm the Hyper-V role is now installed. Click Close.
9. The "Hyper-V Manager" is accessed via Administrative Tools.
10. The Hyper-V Manager can be used to create and configure virtual machines.
Share this blog post on social media:Tweet
All advice, installation/configuration how to guides, troubleshooting and other information on this website are provided as-is with no warranty or guarantee. Whilst the information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge, I am not reponsible for any issues that may arise using this information, and you do so at your own risk. As always before performing anything; check, double check, test and always ensure you have a backup.