Creating a volume or also generally know as a LUN and assigning contolled access is quick and easy.
3. Select the storage pool in which you want to create the volume.
4. Once the storage pool is highlighted, Click "Create Volume" within "Activities".
5. The Create Volume wizard will appear.
Enter a volume name, and optional description. Click Next.
6. Now enter the required size of the volume.
Optionally this can be created and a thin provisioned volume.
Additionally the amount of space reserved for snapshots of this volume can be configured (default is 100%).
7. Enter the required details to allow access to the volume.
Ideally only a correct combination of all three - chap username, IP and initiator will allow access.
8. Review the summary of the volume settings before creating.
If everything is correct, Click Finish.
9. The volume/LUN is instantly created and available for use on allowed hosts.
See Changing restricted access to a Volume on an EqualLogic PS for adding additional hosts, chap usernames and changing details for volumes.
Share this blog post on social media:Tweet
All advice, installation/configuration how to guides, troubleshooting and other information on this website are provided as-is with no warranty or guarantee. Whilst the information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge, I am not reponsible for any issues that may arise using this information, and you do so at your own risk. As always before performing anything; check, double check, test and always ensure you have a backup.